[EpiData-list] Access violation message

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Feb 2 20:16:40 CST 2012

Work colleagues are entering data into an EpiData database during
interviews with participants in their study. At what seems to be a
random point in the interview, the following error pops up and EpiData
needs to be shutdown.

'Access violation at address 0044BB8C in module 'Epidata.exe.' Read of
address 00000004.'

'access violation at address 7C2F0012. Read of address 7C2F0012.'

The data entered hasn't been and can't be saved.

I've had a look in the archives and couldn't find anything useful. I'm
hoping someone on the EpiData email list is able to tell me what the
cause is and how to fix it. Alternatively, there may be additional
information you need first. If that's the case, please let me know what.

Thanks,

Suzanna Vidmar
Senior Research Officer
Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics Unit

Murdoch Childrens Research Institute
Royal Children's Hospital
Flemington Road Parkville Victoria 3052 Australia

telephone: +61 3 9345 6372
facsimile: +61 3 9345 6000
email: suzanna.vidmar at mcri.edu.au <mailto:suzanna.vidmar at mcri.edu.au>
www.mcri.edu.au <http://www.mcri.edu.au/>