[EpiData-list] Reading and writing in EPIDATA ANALYSIS V 2.2.2.178

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 22 02:32:46 CST 2012

Hello Jens and Kirsten,

 Working with this new Epidata Analysis (V 2.2.2.178) I found the following oddities:

 Reading files:
 .EPZ files  went OK
 .EPX files were not accepted, the files were made by the latest MANAGER program from an
imported normal RECfile.

 Writing files:
  An .EPZ file was subsequently saved with SAVEDATA into a .RECfile.
This recfile was well accepted and loaded in EpidataAnalysis and also in ANALYSIS from
EPI6, and also in ENTERX from EPI6, but the structure of the file was very strange:

In each record a lot of space was added at the end of the record.
This extra space did not hamper using  the file. Also this was not accounted for in the filesize
in the file system of my WINDOWS XP (SP 3).

have a good day, Louk Meertens.