[EpiData-list] Version 1.1 of Manager and EntryClient release

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 6 08:10:09 CST 2012

On 03/06/2012 01:53 PM, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> Hello Torsten and Jens:
>
> This is nice. But, ¿when are we going to have the source code of
> EpiData, to leave the software free as in freedom? I know that's part
> of the schedule.

As previously announced - and as you write - this will happen when we
have  been through all parts of the software functionality.  As soon as
the principles are settled we will announce an opening fiesta ....

It makes no sense to give insight before we get to that point - this is
also a resource consideration. You might argue we would get more input
by giving the source code free, which can be true.

But due to the diligent and very sensitive development where
introduction of errors or discrepancies can ruin data I cannot take
responsibility before the end to have an open principle. At that point
we will also have a setup for maintenance and evaluation and long-term
ownership - hopefully by a larger group of organisations.

regards