[EpiData-list] Version 1.1 of Manager and EntryClient release

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Mar 9 20:17:41 CST 2012

Thanks Jens:

By now, I'm just testing, sometimes, when I use the new version.
(Because I use a lot of double data entry and relational database entry,
new version is not full functional for me by now).

Meanwhile, do you have any recommendations to people that want to help
maintaining the future open source code? For example, maybe you can
recommend to people like me to learn Pascal using a tools like
free-pascal or lazarus, or to learn Java... Or maybe we can help
planning wish license can be the best suitable to EpiData (GPL, LGPL,
BSD, and so on).

Regards,

El 06/03/12 10:10, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca escribió:
> On 03/06/2012 01:53 PM, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
>> Hello Torsten and Jens:
>>
>> This is nice. But, ¿when are we going to have the source code of
>> EpiData, to leave the software free as in freedom? I know that's part
>> of the schedule.
>>
> As previously announced - and as you write - this will happen when we
> have  been through all parts of the software functionality.  As soon
> as the principles are settled we will announce an opening fiesta ....
>
> It makes no sense to give insight before we get to that point - this
> is also a resource consideration. You might argue we would get more
> input by giving the source code free, which can be true.
>
> But due to the diligent and very sensitive development where
> introduction of errors or discrepancies can ruin data I cannot take
> responsibility before the end to have an open principle. At that point
> we will also have a setup for maintenance and evaluation and long-term
> ownership - hopefully by a larger group of organisations.
>

> regards
>
> Jens Lauritsen
> EpiData Association

Omar Bautista González
- Colaborador en autogestión comunitaria desde República Dominicana