[EpiData-list] Re: EpiData-list Digest, Vol 103, Issue 7

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun May 27 12:02:55 CDT 2012

Do you have text fields in the data - especially fields that may contain special characters?

You can import a lot of data from excel - for example, I just loaded a test data set with 4401 records:

First line: (clipboard) id n m q r w t u c d e f g h i j k l m
Separator: Tab (tab: 79236)(semicolon: 0)(comma: 0)(space: 0) Lines: 4402 (incl. field names)
File name :from clipboard
Fields: 19 Total records: 4401 Included: 4401

I you can import 50 lines, then I suspect there is a problem with one of the records that follows.

if you want me to try to diagnose the problem, you can send your .rec and .chk files to me

charlesknightsbridge (at) gmail.com

I'll have a look and then delete everything, including the e-mail.

Jamie