[EpiData-list] Testing of new features - example double entry

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jun 23 04:49:22 CDT 2012

As I have informed a number of times we are gradually implementing all
features from Epidata Entry module over these years. In the
implementation the idea is to mainly do the following:

a. Modernise all programming to a unified structure and programming
principle, which also allows several operating systems.
b. To adhere to modern standards for the aspects implemented and to base
all work on documentation of work and good documentation standards.
c. To stick to the principle of small and tight size without too many
features.
d. To change mode of working as little as possible in relation to
previous practice.
e. To extend with principles needed for compliance with Good Clinical
Practice guidelines including logging of all activity.

For the double-entry aspects as Torsten Christiansen wrote this is
included in the current test release in the form where two separate
files can be compared and differences will be indicated. We might
implement later the other principle, where one gets information
immediately if there is a change from first entry, but this is undecided
at this point.

It is crucial that users spend some time in testing the new features and
compare with the old EpiData entry function. Programming and handling
data is a delicate matter where even small changes or mistakes can make
a difference in correct behaviour.

In short: Please assist in commenting and challenging the functionality
as we move along the development.

Bugs or errors should be reported to: http://www.epidata.info/flyspray/

General discussions should be taken on this list.

Regards