[EpiData-list] require TAB or ENTER key to move to next field, even if entered data fills the previous field

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jun 28 14:27:52 CDT 2012

As I understand it, during data entry in Epidata 3.1 (on Windows XP), if
X characters are entered into an X-character-long text field, EpiData
will automatically move to the next field. However, if the text entered
is less than X in length, then the TAB or ENTER key must be used to go
to the next field.

Can I set things up to require the ENTER or TAB key always to be pressed
to get to the next field? In other words, I'd like a field to remain in
focus, even if the data completely fills it, until TAB or ENTER is pressed.

Thanks.

--Chris
--
Christopher W. Ryan, MD, MS
425 Robinson Street, Binghamton, NY  13904

"Once we recognize that we do not err out of laziness, stupidity, or
evil intent, we can liberate ourselves from the impossible burden of
trying to be permanently right. We can take seriously the proposition
that we could be in error, without deeming ourselves idiotic or
unworthy." [Karen Schulz, in Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margin of Error]