[EpiData-list] Transpose from wide to long

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Aug 1 13:41:27 CDT 2012

Hello,

I have a parent file where all family members are represented as one
observation. Some of these families are relatively large. This makes it
impossible to print the information on one page. I did merge the parent
file with the child file. The drawback here is that not all family
members are present in the child file and we would like to include all
family members on the list.

To resolve this issue,  I would like to create one observation per
family member. Is it possible to  code this in EpiData Analysis?

For example:

Family                   Mom                     Dad
Child1                    Child2                    Child3 .....etc

   1                           2                              1
A                             B                             C

Family                   Mom                     Dad
Child

  1                            2                              1

OR:

Family                   Mom                     Dad
Child

  1                            2                              1

 1                            2                              1

 1                            2                              1

Thanks,

Renate