[EpiData-list] Transpose from wide to long

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 2 01:46:07 CDT 2012

Hans Rieder from the "International Union Against Tuberculosis and
Lung Disease" has posted a very good and instructive example of this as
part of the course "An Operations Resarch Course using EpiData
Software", which you find at:

http://www.tbrieder.org/epidata/epidata.html

it is in part D titled:
A relational database and "Aggregating" vs from "Long-to-Wide"

regards

Den 2012-08-01 20:41,
epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca skrev:

> Hello,
>
> I have a parent
file where all family members are represented as one
> observation. Some
of these families are relatively large. This makes it
> impossible to
print the information on one page. I did merge the parent
> file with
the child file. The drawback here is that not all family
> members are
present in the child file and we would like to include all
> family
members on the list.

> To resolve this issue, I would like to create
one observation per
> family member. Is it possible to code this in
EpiData Analysis?

> For example:
>
> Family Mom Dad
> Child1 Child2