[EpiData-list] Import XML EpiData files from R

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Aug 2 06:54:56 CDT 2012

Hi Pedro,

I've gone through the code for the previous version of this .epx to R conversion and there is one challenge with the revised .epx format. Some of the changes are simple to accommodate, but the data records no longer present the individual field values as xml objects. This means that the data record must be parsed. It isn't too difficult, but until this R code gets changed, the best option would be to use Manager to export the data to stata and then use the existing R library (foreign) to read the stata file.

Jamie

https://github.com/daudi/Epidata-XML-to-R