[EpiData-list] Epidata version 3.1 - build 22feb2005

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Aug 19 04:52:55 CDT 2012

You have to reallocate the "comment legal"/Value labels" to the fields
in the epx format and also assign default values again following import
of rec files to the epx module (Manager).

But apart from extended calculations and if .... then ... statements,
the new epx format supports all of the controls in the old version, e.g.:

jumps
legal - range
mustenter, confirm
comments

The old version will not be taken from the homepage, so you may continue
to download and install that one. However we will not develop the old
versions. Following conversion of analysis and more features from the
old software such as "related databases" there would rarely be a need
for use of the chk-rec-qes principle, which also has other problems,
e.g. that copying rec files without chk files removes all control under
entry specified by the user.

regards