[EpiData-list] multi-sheet project

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Aug 20 07:16:56 CDT 2012

On 08/20/2012 11:58 AM, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca schrieb am Sonntag, 19. August 2012 um 19:15:
>> Not yet - we have announced that part of the coming development is
>> related data files, which is exactly what you call "sub-sheets".
> Ah I see.
>
> But would it be possible to export the data from 7 sheets into one(!)
> Stata datafile?
What you can do is:
a. use EpiData Analysis
b. merge the files one by one  based on the common (supposed) id
      (write "merge" in the command prompt and press f1, which gets you
into the help file)
c. after merging all files, save to a common file (command: savedata).

d. if you then in the old epidata entry export that file to a stata file
e. now add the stata file to an epx project and you have retained all
value labels.

are not immediately understood - ask again, but only after you are sure
to have completed the introduction documents for the new Manager and
Entry Client, which are installed with the software or you can get them
from the download page.

regards