[EpiData-list] 100% converting rec to epx

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Aug 26 17:00:38 CDT 2012

It is important to realise the nature of the conversion project. Some
aspects are not being updated and others not completed yet. This is
clear in writing and reading on this list.

It is also important to realise that while some aspects will be
supported in the future not all will and for certain there will be no
1-1 import/export feature from rec +chk files to the new XML file principle.

When (if at all) it is appropriate for a given project to change to the
XML principles in the new versions is up to each project to decide -
based on needs and thorough testing of the capabilities of the rec+chk
based systems and the xml based systems available.

There has been no "promise" from my side to have a 1-1 conversion from
the old to the new system.

Sorry to be a little harsh, but software development is neither easy nor
simple in economic terms. In particular for a system which is already in
place on many aspects. We are looking ahead and meanwhile take your
choice on what is possible with the old and upcoming systems.

It is good practice never to base your expectations on "what will come"
when using IT-systems. You never know if it comes and in particularly
not if it comes in time for your specific purpose.

Regards