[EpiData-list] New EpiData Manager and Entryclient

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Oct 12 06:59:37 CDT 2012

Dear List

Today we have released a new exprimental test-version of
EpiData Manager (v 1.3.0.6) andEpiData EntryClient (v 1.3.0.2)

The new version is available for download on our testing website:
http://epidata.dk/testing.php#alpha

In this test version we have added printing to the EntryClient with
support for printing the data of the current record.

In EpiData Manager changes the Study Information forms are revised to
give more distinct view of the different information available.

In addition a number of minor bugs have also been fixed for both Manager
and EntryClient. Most notably a bug where using a non-ascii username on
Windows could cause a crash.

NOTE: Due to a change in the encryption of .epx files, datafiles
protected by passwords created with EpiData Manager v1.3.0.0 -> v1.3.0.5
cannot be read with this release.

If you have used encryption for a project then:
a) Load the project with your previous version of Mangear
b) Remove the password encryption and save the project again under a new
file name.
c) Load the saved un-encrypted file in Manager v1.3.0.6, add encryption
and save the file again
d) Delete the un-encrypted file

This change does NOT affect loading old .rec files with password protection.

The full list of changes can be found at:
http://epidata.dk/epidatamanager.changelog.txt
http://epidata.dk/epidataentryclient.changelog.txt

This will be the last experimental release and if no major issues are
raised within a short period of time we will release the current
experimental version as a "pre-public" release test version.

Kind regards

Torsten Christiansen