[EpiData-list] Comments for new released EpiData Manager 1.3

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Dec 16 07:11:54 CST 2012

Thai Thanh Truc made a list of relevant issues yesterday. Here area a few comments.

First it is very welcomed to have this highly structured feedback to the development. - we will look at these in the coming week.

Your question on related files have a simple answer: This function is planned, but not implemented yet.

The lack of flexibility of Manager in relation to "edit" and add your own code is a decision. There could be reasons to implement a very flexible structure, but currently this would take momentum off the other developments. The suggestion to allow for summary measures or calculation of BMI is already on my mind and I think we will reconsider this as an option to possibly implement in some form.

Other users please answer on the following questions:

1 Which aspects of the chk file functionality are still lacking with the new fixed possibilities ?
    Please be very specific like Thai Thanh Truc was.

2 Do we need analysis functions like codebook in EntryClient (or can one always use EpiData Analysis) ?

regards