[EpiData-list] Comments for new released EpiData Manager 1.3

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Dec 16 14:15:37 CST 2012

please remove me from your mailing list
Thank you
Stephanie Douma

-----Original Message-----
From: epidata-list-bounces at lists.umanitoba.ca
[mailto:epidata-list-bounces at lists.umanitoba.ca] On Behalf Of
epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sent: December-16-12 8:12 AM
To: epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Subject: Re: [EpiData-list] Comments for new released EpiData Manager 1.3

Thai Thanh Truc made a list of relevant issues yesterday. Here area a few
comments.

First it is very welcomed to have this highly structured feedback to the
development. - we will look at these in the coming week.

Your question on related files have a simple answer: This function is
planned, but not implemented yet.

The lack of flexibility of Manager in relation to "edit" and add your own
code is a decision. There could be reasons to implement a very flexible
structure, but currently this would take momentum off the other
developments. The suggestion to allow for summary measures or calculation of
BMI is already on my mind and I think we will reconsider this as an option
to possibly implement in some form.

Other users please answer on the following questions:

1 Which aspects of the chk file functionality are still lacking with the new
fixed possibilities ?
    Please be very specific like Thai Thanh Truc was.

2 Do we need analysis functions like codebook in EntryClient (or can one
always use EpiData Analysis) ?

regards