[EpiData-list] Comments for new released EpiData Manager 1.3

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Dec 17 02:56:36 CST 2012

On 2012-12-15 20:54, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> 3. I can enter data using Unicode font but when I export the data to CSV or
> STATA…, they do not work. It does not appear correctly (Vietnamese).

In regards to the STATA export question, the current official release
(1.1.2) does allow for
changing the codepage used when exporting to stata. This is done in the
settings, where it
is also possible to choose which version of STATA to export for.

With the current test-release changing version (1.3.0.9), encoding and
other properties for export is
done in the export window.

Older versions of STATA does NOT support importing UTF-8 encoded text,
and therefor you
should choose some other codepage. IIRC, from STATA version 11 and
forward it is possible
to use UTF-8 encoded string.

Regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen.