[EpiData-list] problems with import/export to stata

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Dec 21 02:02:21 CST 2012

Hi Anne.

What you are experiencing is a general problem when importing/exporting
data between programs. Because EpiData and Stata store data in different
ways it is not always possible to make 1:1 conversion of datatypes.

The version of Manager you are using is the newest stable version,
however we have a pre-release version available from our website which
has an updated version of the export functionality. It handles Stata
import/export better but as stated above, because data is stored
different in the two programs we can not achieve a 1:1 conversion.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen
EpiData Association.