[EpiData-list] new testversion - prerelease - of EpiData Manager and EntryClient

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Dec 22 14:38:07 CST 2012

Dear all

A new version for testing was uploaded yesterday. The intention was that
all issues have been adressed such that in the beginning of 2013 we can
change the uploaded version to a general production version.

Please find the updated versions at http://www.epidata.dk/testing.php

Changes are as follows:
Manager:
* Updated designer form (moved icons)
* Updated shortcuts on keyboard etc. to correct wiki.
* Simplified import and add structure to a single method.
* Pasting fields and sections is adapted to shift 20,20 pixels from
original position.
* Export forms adapted for (hopefully) more intuitive action.

* If you open EntryClient from within Manager the  user is asked if
project should close and open in entryclient.
* A new field attribute on automatic time fields to allow for three assets:
       set at new record, set on first save and save on update/edit

* Recent files list is shared between Manager and EntryClient

* Installation is now operating system specific and NOT dependent on java.

Please test in the following 1-2 weeks and in the first week of 2013 we
will fix any reported issue before releasing this version as the next
public release.

Regards and best seasonal wishes to all

Jens Lauritsen
Torsten Christiansen