[EpiData-list] new testversion - prerelease - of EpiData Manager and EntryClient

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Dec 22 20:33:03 CST 2012

Dear all,

When I use this newest version of the manager(1.3.0.9 r525) using sample.epx, I encountered export issues in win7 and xp.
I exported the sample.epx to SPSS file format, but SPSS gave me the warning: >Warning # 1151
>A field to be read under the EDATE format is invalid.  The field must contain
>day, month, and year separated by spaces, dashes, slashes, decimal points, or
>commas.  Note that American style dates (month/day/year) can be read under the
>ADATE format.
>Command line: 21  Current case: 1  Current splitfile group: 1
>Field contents: '201012/09/'
>Record number: 1  Starting column: 36  Record length: 8192

I checked the syntax in the sample.sps. The segment VL3 27-35(A) is not correct. It should be VL3 27-29(A) because the length of the field VL3 is 3 according to its field definition.

Similar field length issue occurred in exporting files to CSV format.

EpiData Manager
Program Version: 1.3.0.9 r525
Core version: 1.3.0.1 r641
FPC Version: 2.6.0
Platform: i386-Win32
Filename: Q:\tmp\epidatamanager.1.3.0.10.win.32\samples\sample.epx
XML Version: 2
Field count: 34
Record count: 12

Best Regards,