[EpiData-list] Importing data to Epidata analysis

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jan 9 07:15:56 CST 2013

To import data from spreadsheets the following is a good rule:
1. change first line to indicate contents of each column
   e.g. :  v1    v2     v3    age    sex    ...... etc

2 in each data column make sure to format correctly, e.g.:
      for a given column if this contains integers, format as no
decimals

3 make sure you do not have a combination of string and numbers in a
given column

4 if you have dates make sure they are entered in same format, e.g.
23-12-2012

5 make sure that right most column is complete with one number in all
rows
     otherwise add a column containing a 0 or 1 in the right most column
in all rows.

6 make sure you have at least two columns (one is too little)

7 if you have decimal numbers use period and not comma as delimiter.
This problem it seems you do not have since the output shows no "," -
but tabs as delimiters

if you still experience problems send us a few lines of the data here
on the list and we can maybe see the reason.

regards