[EpiData-list] Importing data to Epidata analysis

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jan 9 07:33:14 CST 2013

You should have legal epidata field names in the first row of you range. I've also got this error when trying to import text fields with commas in them.
The first and last rows of your data should have no missing values. I have in the past inserted dummy data in these rows to help Analysis know what kind of data I have.

Sometimes this is an iterative process - you may get an error at a particular row and the import stops. Fix that row and so on.

The error-free strategy for messy data is to create a new worksheet and use formulas in all the cells to copy and/or fix the raw data. It is certainly worth doing if you will be repeating the process with future data sets.

Jamie