[EpiData-list] Updated version for testing EntryClient and Manager - When ?

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Mar 12 13:56:38 CDT 2013

I wrote this mail yesterday as you see below. The major problems are
with the current test EntryClient module for download from
Http://www.epidata.dk/testing.php

The mail below is a bit unclear about the bugs. The major problems
relate to the EntryClient not to the Project Manager.

Obviously we have strengthened the internal test routines to include
more samples. It is of course as well annoying and a "not so nice" stamp
on our reputation to spend users time on testing faulty software. So
apologies for that.

As users will have noticed there is a clear warning on the testing page
saying that one should only work on copies of data with the test versions.

The task of simulating user behaviour before releasing a test version is
not an easy one. For Analysis we have almost 2000 different asserting
commands and statements, but have until now not been able to implement a
"non-human" standardised testing sequence for EpiData Manager and
EntryClient - apart from going through a number of tests and
applications ourselves.

Despite the efforts spent in strengthening the internal test routines we
still hope to release the new test versions within a few days. There
will be updated versions of both EntryClient and Manager. And following
that public release about two weeks later unless the testing period
reveals major problems.

Rather soon - following the next public release we will clarify the
aspects tested and how our test files are. Users are encouraged to
upload test projects to the bug tracking system, which you find at this
address: http://www.epidata.info/flyspray/

regards