[EpiData-list] Epidata can't close due to Access violation error message

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Mar 20 10:08:50 CDT 2013

Hello Epidata Forum,

I have been working with Epidata 3.1 database for more than a year with no
issues, but received the following error message since yesterday. I can't
close the program due to this error. I can close error message pop up
window but again and again comes when I try to close the epidata. The only
way to close program is by Ctrl+Alt+Del or reboot the computer. The program
runs on window XP desktop with SP3.

*Access violation at address 0044BB8C in module 'Epidata.exe'. Read of
address 00000004."*

I will appreciate help to solve the issue.

Bijay Adhikari, PhD
Epidemiologist
Government of Saskatchewan
Regina, SK Canada