[EpiData-list] Re: conversion from SPSS

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Apr 3 08:42:28 CDT 2013

Jamie, thank you very much!

My SPSS databank is composed of 703 columns, where the first 200 are
baseline, and the other the follow-up. Each line is a case.
Every time I want to input data, I open the databank, search for the case
number and for the situation (e.g. 3rd month). After this, I fill in with
the data.
My baseline variables are different from the follow-up.
At follow-up, variables are the same, exept the variable identification:
height1m and weight1m ---> height3m and weight3m.

In other words, your idea of making a single database, using a valiable
VISIT and case number as KEY sounds great, but the VISIT variable I don't
have in my original SPSS databank! How can I merge with this difference?

I suppose I'll continue with the case numbers: 1051, 1052, 1053, ... Is it
correct?

I'm affraid if is (or not) possible to join the old data (from my 1050
subjects) with the new data from the EpiData, and how to do that? I must
maintain the same variable names/description, otherwise I'll be completelly
lost!

I was reviewing the example "Relate example - Household, Person, Visit",
and it was very interesting for me, but I want (if possible) an exemple of
how to merge SPSS databases with EpiData. Do you know one?

Once again, thank you very much!

Carlos.