[EpiData-list] Release 1.3.1.2 of EpiData Entry and EpiData Manager available for testing

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Apr 6 10:00:42 CDT 2013

The changes have been implemented in Linux as well, except that in Linux
the visual change of the mouse pointer is not working. One cannot any
more from this version move a field outside the current dataform. Before
one could move it, e.g. to the left or top of the current form (or
section).

Just try :
1. create a new project
2. add one or more fields
3. try to move them left of the left dataform border. They will remain
in current position or the left most position of the current dataform
(or section).

Regarding sections:
If you want to move one or more fields away from a given section:
      Mark them (select) and then delete them with ctrl+x
       click on the main form
       Press ctrl+v to insert the fields on the main form outside the
section

To move fields into a section:
      Mark them (select) and then delete them with ctrl+x
       click on the section to select it
       Press ctrl+v to insert the fields in the section
       Move the fields around within the section to adapt it.

If you just move the fields within the frame delimited by the section
borders the field will still technically be placed on the main form, but
will be hidded during entry. We will try to develop an integrity check
which secures that the area under the section is protected. But as of
now you can place a section on top of a field on the main form and
thereby hide the field on the main form. (just try). I think this is a
minor problem, since during design you will see it. And during entry you
will notice and extra field - and subsequently tell this to the manager
of the project.

regards