[EpiData-list] Means

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Apr 13 06:31:14 CDT 2013

There are two tests available.

MEANS - provides analysis of variance, including Bartlett's test for homogeneity of variance
KWALLIS - provides the Kruskal-Wallis test

kwallis command gives output like this:

. KWALLIS Cigs /By=Language
Kruskal - Wallis One-Way Analysis of Variance
Ranks of Cigs
Language	N	Sum of Ranks
0	22	472.00
1	14	378.50
2	14	424.50

Chi2 = 3.3812 df( 2) p= 0.1844 - 9 ties
Corrected for Ties: Chi2 = 3.7468 Df( 2) p= 0.1536

Jamie