[EpiData-list] PS to: Experimental Manager and Entry Client version with before/after entry scripts available

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Jul 6 14:17:43 CDT 2013

Dear Torsten,

Thank you for your quick response.

When you speak about errors you mean errors on the questionnaire filled on
paper?

Here, when we use Epidata, in many case it's not to input data from a paper
questionnaire.
For example we use it for input of interviews by phone or to input data
directly from medical records for retrospective studies.
When the source of data is not a paper questionnaire we dont have such
errors and it's not good if users are able to input data when it's not
logical.

Could it be possible to add an option in the preferences of the program to
allow or not "before" and "after" entry action when the mouse is used?
This will give the possibility to use both approaches depending on the case.

In the old epidata version that was possible and for me it worked very well
without problems or bug. So I hope that a solution could be find.
It would be very nice to be able to have such a possibility in the new
version!

Best regards

Jean-Marie Chrétien