[EpiData-list] Field Length Issue

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed Jul 17 01:37:01 CDT 2013

There are a number of issues in relation to export and import to SPSS
(and SAS plus Stata)

These are for text fields related to the use or lack of use of utf-8
representation. I am not sure how Stattransfer handles text encoding, so
some experimentation with exports and specification of these would be
welcomed.

I am aware that one user managed via placing the text fields at the end
of the dataform and asked for a "point by point" recipe, but have not
received any answer yet.

In other words - please try in relation to specification of character
encoding and let us know of the results on the list. (we do not have
access to SPSS)

regards