[EpiData-list] odd error

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jul 22 12:46:37 CDT 2013

Dear colleague:

It is difficult to reproduce the error for me because:

1) you use probably automatic field naming (no barrier)
2) you use non-ASCII characters (Chinese?) that my machine is not set up
to decipher
3) you use "include onytfrm.txt" which was not inlcuded.  As it probably
contains the Label blocks, it becomes impossible to read the file
because none of the CHECKS exists

Regards,

Hans

On 22-Jul-13 05:31, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> I use EpiData3.01 because I have used to the qes/chk/rec model. Now I encountered a strange problem
> as follow:My problem: In my project there are a series of y/n variables (0: no 1: yes 9:unkown) with default
> value 0. When I enter default 0 for about 40 times the EpiData goes funny.all qes,chk,rec files are in the attached. The error message after entering 40 of 0 for y/n
> variable:Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000.
> Many thanks and bestwishes!hshxue at aliyun.com11:29  2013/7/22

Hans L Rieder, MD, MPH
Jetzikofenstr 12
3038 Kirchlindach