[EpiData-list] Select top 3 among 8

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Aug 5 07:05:06 CDT 2013

I'm not sure why syntax is too long. I ran a test with that no problem.
Your other solution looks good. but shouldn't the after record block have "<>6"?
After record is the better way to do the check anyway. You should be able to program the "2^V1 ..." solution into After Record.
If the line gets too long, just break it up by using a temporary global variable to hold the result

define choices ### global
choices =2^V1 + 2^V2, etc
if choices <> 14 then

Jamie