[EpiData-list] epidatamanager: control-file-has-bad-permissions

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Sep 5 13:04:42 CDT 2013

Is your problem only with EpiData Manager or also for EntryClient ?

I have no problems installing on Xubuntu 13.04 and running on:
In terminal: .../../~$ lsb_release -a
       Distributor ID:    Ubuntu  .... Description:    Ubuntu 13.04
       Release:    13.04    ....   Codename:    raring

Have you tried to use the zipped executable (tgz) and extract to a
folder on your Home, instead of using the deb file, e.g.:
1 make the folder:  /home/mcardeal/EpiData
2 get the tgz file:
http://epidata.dk/php/downloadc.php?file=epidatamanager.1.4.2.0.linux.32.tgz
3 extract to the mentioned folder
4 possibly mark the executable as such
Then try again.

Most likely your system is setup to not allow for running "untrusted
software".

regards
Jens Lauritsen