[EpiData-list] New test versions of EpiData Manager and EpiData EntryClient

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Oct 28 17:14:27 CDT 2013

Because SPSS software expects the .sps file to be readable by a human and editable by software, choice of a delimiter is really limited to visible characters that can be created with a keyboard. Localization of data requires UTF-8 coding of text, which is handled badly by SPSS in any format other than delimited.

I think that the Epidata team has chosen a good compromise.

Jamie