[EpiData-list] Relate - v2.0.0.0 testing

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jun 19 06:29:01 CDT 2014

On 2014-06-19 02:31, epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca wrote:
> Quick testing of the test version of Manager & Entry Client with relational data forms was successful.
>
> I suggest that we be able to move to a child form without having to create a field that just provides the ‘switch’ to go. If we could allow relate to proceed on any value of a field, the jump to the child form would be much like it is now in classic Epidata. This equivalent to an unconditional jump (that is jump on value *). This way, the child form can be invoked as part of a logical flow of data entry without adding an additional field.

Using unconditional relate is already possible using the special value
"*" as in jumps. Although it is not in the provided example file,
it is already possible to define such an entry on the "Relate" page of
the fields properties form.

As with jumps, the order which relates have been defined ARE
significant. Hence if an entry with "*" is placed before other values,
then the unconditional relate is performed on ALL values entered during
entry.

Regards,
Torsten Christiansen.
EpiData.