[EpiData-list] Epidata Manager key unique handling

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Sep 13 16:01:49 CDT 2014

Which build are you using? With v2.0.0.0 (RC1), I cannot enter a duplicate ID (the ID field is the KEY for relate). If I do, I am asked whether I want to go to that record.

When I have entered a child record (with the setting to allow only one child record) (Dataform 2), I am returned to the parent record (Dataform 1) IF there are more fields to enter. If I did the relate on the last field in Dataform 1, then I am taken to a new record on Dataform 1.

Perhaps we are setting things up differently. When the bugs are worked out, a couple of simple answers and a bit more documentation should make these features easy to use. Even now, they seem (on the Mac, at least) to work as advertised.

I’m happy to look a your project file if you attach it (no real data please). You can send it to charlesknightsbridge (at) gmail.com

Jamie