[EpiData-list] (no subject)

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Sep 29 10:36:11 CDT 2014

In Epidata Analysis, do this:
(I’m using id and visit - you cannot have names with underscores in classic Epidata and it is probably not a good idea in new Epidata)

define vfirst #
vfirst = 1
sort id visit
if id = id[recnumber-1] then vfirst = 0
select vfirst=1

id[recnumber-1] refers to the value of id in the previous record. Since the data are sorted first by id and then visit, this will leave vfirst=1 whenever id changes.

Jamie