[EpiData-list] Major step forward: V2.0 of EpiData Software released today for General Use !!

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Jan 27 09:36:53 CST 2015

Dear All

Today we have placed v2.0 for general download on Http://www.epidata.dk/download.php

We hope that the users regard this release as a major step forward in securing prime data quality for all projects be they small and simple or complex.

The main changes since last release in June 2014 are:

Creation of Relational databases - that is multiple dataforms within a project.
Graphical re-design of interface and icons
Backup file principle now places backups in a sub-folder to the epx data file
Securing function at all levels in view of reported bugs and problems
Version control at start of software against what is current version.

More news will come later, but please do advice users to make sure that all is well functioning. As with other software one should also secure backups before starting to use a new version.

As users of this list you will know that very much work went into securing functionality, removing bugs and finding suitable design for the new aspects. Should you find problems or unexpected closures do report to the bug system or here on the list.

The only functionality not implemented in the EPX file based new versions and therefore only available in EpiData Classic is scripting, e.g. calculation of complex summary scores following entry. This will come later after we have developed restricted user access and possibly GCP compliancy.

During the following days we will focus on updating the website - "recent changes lists" and similar aspects.

We are aware that some functions and ways of working are not fully documented on the website, wiki or in the pdf introduction documents. But these will follow.

Comments and reports on experiences with the new versions are highly welcomed on the list.

regards

Torsten Bonde Christiansen
Jens Lauritsen
EpiData Association, Denmark