[EpiData-list] Query in Epidata manager

epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Tue Feb 24 10:38:50 CST 2015

1. Can you group the questions relevant to married people (immediately following Q3). Then you can skip over them.

2. This sort of arithmetic is not yet available in Manager. Do you need to use this calculation (number of days) while doing data entry? It is easiest to do this when analyzing the data.

I am currently using EpiData manager for my data entry. I am facing few
difficulties for which i am seeking solution from your expert team.

1. Few questions in my questionnaire are relevant only for Married. My
3rd question captures about marital status. My 7th questions intends to
find information relevant to married only. So, if a person is unmarried
(when i enter in Q3 as unmarried) this Q7 should automatically get skipped
because he is not married. But i am unable to do it in Epidata manager,
because Epidata manager allows me to jump from Q3 to Q5 by skipping Q4, but
not serving my purpose. Can suggestions on this ?
2. I have 4 boxes, 1st is year, 2nd is months, 3rd is week and 4th is
days. I would like to create a 5th box which should automatically calculate
[(1st box value *365) + (2nd box value *30) + (3rd box value *7) + (4th box
value)]. How do i do this in epidata manager.

--
*Thiru*