[EpiData-list] Importing data to Epidata (v.2.0.5.51)

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sun Jun 28 15:36:00 CDT 2015

Dear Jens,

Thank you very much. I followed your instructions and in the end was able
to do a successful import. I discovered that indeed empty cells was the
source of trouble. Once I had filled every empty cell with 9999, the import
worked out beautifully. In my experiment, empty cells prevented paste even
in fields other than boolean.

By the way, I only now discovered this manual:
http://www.tbrieder.org/epidata/course_a.pdf It is really good, but I
hadn't found it earlier for some reason, and I don't think it is linked on
the epidata website.

Now I have come across the next hurdle: editing value labels. It seems I
cannot alter value labels any more in Epidata manager. I guess the reason
is to ensure not to accidentally change them, but I think it is quite
common that at some point of data entry you realize you need to add another
label, or just correct a typo in an existing label. How do you do that? I
discovered that even when I exported the project to make a new project
empty of data, the value labels remained uneditable. The same was also true
when importing value labels through project/value labels/external from a
previous project; I can't edit them.

Thank you again!

Pekka