[EpiData-list] EntryClient 2.0.6.22: uploaded

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Nov 7 14:25:21 CST 2015

On 05/11/15 17:36, EpiData development and support wrote:
> Unfortunately we found a bug today in relation to key expression on
> dataforms if a time field is part of the key.
A replacement version - EntryClient 2.0.6.22 - has been uploaded. Please
do not use any interim version for real projects.

We apologize for the inconvenience of several builds within a few days.
It would be optimal if we could have a batch testing programme for
defining and entering data. But until now we have found no viable
solution for that. In contrast to EpiData Analysis for which we have
almost 2000 tests in a batch procedure.

Allow me to mention that continued development is only possible due to
funds from various sources, which also includes projects which I am
responsible for here in Denmark. In particular I would like to
acknowledge repeated donations from The Union (http://www.theunion.org/)
since 2003. A complete list of contributors is available at:
http://epidata.dk/funding.htm

In addition to substantial economic support the demands for
functionality from The Union has been crucial.
The teaching materials published at
http://tbrieder.org/epidata/epidata.html is an important source for
dissemination of proper principles in field work with EpiData software.

It should also be noted that without the skilled and consistent
implementation of principles and functionality by T.Christiansen and the
well functioning collaboration he and I have in the design of the
software it would also not be possible to disseminate this software
suite with focus on data documentation and sound field epidemiology
principles. (- said in all modesty -)

The scheduled development path contains all the aspects of securing data
regulation principles (user control and logging) (next months),
scripting as part of data entry (mid 2016) and rewriting of analysis
(follows). Source code will be released as open-source when we are
through all aspects.

If problems or questions arise in relation to the new version please
notify the list.

Regards
Jens Lauritsen
EpiData Association, Denmark