[EpiData-list] v4 testing

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jan 2 21:19:39 CST 2017

I played a bit with v4 apps today (on Elementary linux distro) and most things
worked as expected.
I used:
EpiData Manager: (2017/01/01 - 16:08:45)
Program Version: 4.0.0.94 [RC1] r1364
Core version: 4.0.0.0 r1337
FPC Version: 3.0.0
Platform: x86_64-Linux

EpiData Analysis: (2017/01/01 - 16:07:11)
Program Version: 0.6.0.0 [PROTOTYPE] r?
Core version: 2.1.0.0 r1335
FPC Version: 3.0.0
Platform: x86_64-Linux

The only problem encountered so far:

Manager & EntryClient: the browse columns get larger when repeatedly clicking on the button to show values/labels. This is not the case with Analysis.

Analysis: thanks for the short intro file that shows what is available in this version. I was annoyed that I got errors when there was no data because of select, but played with the syntax and did this as a workaround. I'm showing this just because the syntax works quite well.

new global i i;
for i := 1 to 3 do begin select gender = i count; if $count>0 then freq age;
end;

Having FOR and BEGIN blocks means we can use some sophisticated command syntax.