[EpiData-list] epidata v4.0

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jan 16 02:35:32 CST 2017

Hi Jean-marie Chrétien

Thank you very much for valuable feedback. I have some followup
questions and answers - please see below.

On 2017-01-14 12:46, EpiData development and support wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks very much for this great job!
>
> I downloaded the last test version and I noticed several problems
> - manager: the section name is never saved (when changed, the name is reset to section1 2,... on reload of the project). It is the same thing in version 2.x
This is apparently something that has existed for a very long time.
Indeed names for sections were saved at all. The bug has been found and
fixed, and will be included in the final release.

> - entry: I experienced a non-reproducible crash during data entry after playing with the "Browse all data" window
If you encounter such a problem again - it is always nice to know what
actions you performed right up til the program crashed. Eg. what keys on
the keyboard did you press, did you use the mouse and where did you
click with the mouse... etc.

> - entry : I noticed the problem already encountered about expansion of the first column of the "browse all data"
Can you please elaborate on this one? I am not familiar with Browse Data
having issues related to expanding the first column.

> - manager: there is an overlap of radio buttons in the "Entry Mode" panel of the "Extended" tab of the "field properties" window.
Would you mind attaching a single screenshort of the "extended" page
that illustrates this problem.
> - manager: overlap of radio buttons ine the "Update Mode" panel of the "Basic" panle of the "field properties" window for auto date and auto time fields
A screenshot of this would also be nice. Do you know if you Windows has
a special setup regarding resolution, DPI, etc.?

> - manager: the "field properties" window has been enlarged and I cannot reduce it.
I am not sure what you mean here? It should be possible to
enlarge/reduce almost all windows within the EpiData programs.

> A request for the data entry manager about jumps: would it be possible to reset the value to of fields to a numeric or text value. I'd like to be able to do so in the following case for example:
> "Does the patient have a surgical history? YES/NO"
> If "yes" there is a serie of yes/no questions about specific surgeries.
> If the response of the main question is NO I would like to be able to reset the list of following questions to NO.
> It was possible to do it with epidata 3.
You can "trick" the program in such a way, that you the variable you
wish to skip have set a default value - in this case NO. Then make a
jump that skips the variables in question with a reset value "Leave as Is".

> For your information, I'm currently using the 64bit version under windows 7 pro.
Will you be so kind as to copy the version information from the program
also. You can do this by clicking "Help -> Copy Version Information" and
pasting it directly into the email.

Kind regards,
Torsten Bonde Christiansen
EpiData