[EpiData-list] Updates to .qes and .rec files without changing .chk

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Feb 6 11:53:56 CST 2017

Good morning,
I have a quick, and hopefully simply question.

I am trying to revise some of the wording in a single question on the .qes file of a database that has been in use for several years.  The labels would NOT change and I don't need any of the coding in the .chk file to change.   I understand that I will have to revise the .rec file in order to make this change visible to the users when they go to fill out the data form.  However, anytime I try to make the simple wording change in the .qes file, then select "revise data file" in the tools menu, I receive a message saying that ALL the coding in my .chk file will be lost and I would have to re-enter all of it.   I don't want to make any changes to the .chk file, only the wording in a single question on my data form!

Is there a way to revise the wording of one of my questions without the need to re-do all the coding in my .chk file?
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,

Lesley McLeod, MSc, CIC
Infection Control Coordinator (North)
Cell:  306-290-8746
Street Address:  3472 Elder Grove Regina, SK S4V 2V3
lesley.mcleod at pophealthnorthsask.ca<mailto:lesley.mcleod at pophealthnorthsask.ca>   www.pophealthnorthsask.ca<http://www.pophealthnorthsask.ca/>
Mamawetan Churchill River Health Region, Keewatin Yatthé Health Region & Athabasca Health Authority
Confidentiality Notice: This email, including attachments, may contain confidential information.  If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately by return email, and delete this message.  Thank you.