[EpiData-list] Pre-public test of EpiData Manager and EntryClient - please test

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Fri Apr 6 03:55:25 CDT 2018

This week we have provided new versions on
http://www.epidata.dk/testing.php:
    EpiData Manager    Version 4.3.2.120  (pre-release)
    EpiData EntryClient Version 4.3.0.7      (pre-release)
    EpiData Analysis      Version 0.9.3.7     (experimental test )

Manager and EntryClient will be released for production/public use in
about a week - unless we find more bugs. Analysis is still experimental.

The new features since v4.2 were announced on March 15th (see below).
Since then we have removed several bugs, including a major bug in
reading of projects and added a tool "archive". Before public release an
"unarchive" tool will be provided also. With this you may encrypt any
file or folder for archiving or mailing.

This version applies stronger (SHA512) encryption and other internal
changes to the xml structure. Therefore we kindly ask everyone to make a
copy of their projects and then OPEN THE COPY with the versions
mentioned above. This applies also to other projects without encryption.

Should you find problems let us know on this list or by mail to info
(at) epidata.dk .

Jens Lauritsen/Torsten Bonde Christiansen
EpiData Association
Denmark

Manager:

* Jumps to fields can now also be key fields
* Moved key selection from own windows to dataset properties
* Added tools: Export Securitylog
* Fixed several bugs in exporting to Stata 13+

EntryClient:
* Bugfixes related to jump
* Bugfixes related to logging with Extended Access
* Added posibility to mark a record as Verified
  - observations that are "Marked for Deletion" cannot be directly
marked as verified, but MUST be unmarked from deletion first. (under
Extended Access this requires READ rights on the dataset)
* Added additional information to the email body if the project is setup
to create an email on close.

Common:

* Added "Days between password change" to Extended Access projects (and
enforcement thereof)
* Extended logging capabilities when using Extended Access
* Better handling of recent files across Manager/Entryclient/Analysis
* Updated cryptography of both Single Password and Extended Access from
SHA1 to SHA512

Analysis:
Consequential changes of the above to ensure reading and writing files
accordingly.