[EpiData-list] Almost final pre-public Manager - EntryClient (and Analysis)

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Sat Apr 14 11:29:44 CDT 2018

Since the announcement last week we have not received any comments on
the list or direct by mail.

Neither have we found any (new) bugs, such that in the coming week we
will release the next versions of Manager and EntryClient for public use.

A major news item is also that we now consider the re-written Analysis
ready for public use in terms of:
- reading project files
- data management
- combination of files (merge, append)
- saving, exporting and archiving data files (epx, dta, csv, ddi-3.1)
including metadata
- frequencies, count, means
- documenting content of logging during entry

Although it is a major drawback that one cannot create graphs or cross
tables yet - we do think that the functionality now developed is
sufficiently mature for release. Function is verified with the
validation pgm's, which tests about 500 different aspects

Therefore You may now find the pre-release versions for all three parts
on http://www.epidata.dk/testing.php
And once we have written a proper introduction document for the new
analysis a public release version will be made available.

Best wishes

Jens Lauritsen and Torsten Bonde Christiansen
EpiData Association
Denmark