[EpiData-list] message to all EpiData users - we have received reports of an important potential problem

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Mon Jun 18 16:12:52 CDT 2018

We have received two independent messages of a potential virus/viral
threat with the latest EntryClient in the Windows version. (From Sweden
and Switzerland)

The programming and compilation of ALL EpiData software is done in Linux
and we have NOT changed any of the programming tools from the latest to
the previous version of EntryClient.

Where we work these problems have not occurred, so it seems to be
dependent on which particular version of the anti-virus software is
blocking the function of EntryClient.

We are reasonably convinced that the problem is some similarity of
internal code with a known virus or trojan. If our development system
had been infected, then this would also affect previous versions.

To be sure of this we will obviously spent some time to look into the
problem in collaboration with the reporters. AND quite soon return with
a solution. (In the meantime I would personally mark in my virus
software the EntryClient as not-infected - if that is possible, but it
is obviously up to you. The reason being that we have not changed
anything here)

Should you experience such problems please write an e-mail to info (at)
EpiData.dk - following solving the problem we will then contact you
directly.

best wishes

Denmark