[EpiData-list] New Epidata release due to virus problems

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Sep 27 16:30:40 CDT 2018

For all Epidata users.
Unfortunately we made an error in the Manager version released a few days back. The error was that the yellow sign "do not use on production data only for testing" was shown (but it was not a test version) . We have therefore replaced the public release versions with a correct one today.

If you wish to use the "user specified installation" in Windows and use a new folder location please notice, that you must first uninstall a previous version, otherwise the new version will be placed in the same folder as previously. Use the uninstall.exe in the previous folder to uninstall.

A user have informed us that his anti-virus software declares all as virus free, which is correct. Unfortunately some systems claim a false positive warning. We are concerned about this and continue to seek solutions. Please comment on this issue, in particular if you have suggestions or possibility to assist.

Best wishes
Jens Lauritsen
Epidata Association