[EpiData-list] EpiData classic v3.1 in 2020? Under 64bit?

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Wed May 6 21:30:20 CDT 2020

I had no problem with GLOBAL variables in a quick test with EpiData 3.1 downloaded just today, running Windows 10.

Things to check:

Have you defined the globals in a BEFORE RECORD block? It may work in a BEFORE FILE block as well, if that is even the correct usage. It has been a long time.
Have you done this in all of the .chk files where you want to use the global variable?

In the parent file.chk

BEFORE RECORD
  DEFINE X # GLOBAL
END