[EpiData-list] EpiData Analysis updated to v3.0 - public production version available.

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jun 25 04:03:07 CDT 2020

Dear all

The development since since January has resulted in a new public version
of EpiData Analysis. You may download this from the
http://epidata.dk/download.php

Analysis is released as version 3.0 to avoid confusion with EpiData
Analysis Classic, which will NOT be updated from version 2.2.

The main new aspect is that the requirement of having [_n] in many
commands has been removed. This makes the syntax much simpler and closer
to the one used previously.

The improvements and known issues  are summarized in my previous mail. A
few more adaptations has been introduced, e.g. finetuning of menu's and
changing the "erase" command, which is now giving a message if the file
was found or not.

Please continue to discuss and comment on this list.

One aspect questioned was the possibility of changing the background to
black and text to yellow in Analysis. This is easily done by going into
the main "edit" menu, where "colour" now is available. You may also add
the following to your setup file, which will set these new values as the
default:
set "OUTPUT BG COLOUR" := "#2B1616";
set "OUTPUT FONT COLOUR" := "#DBE60B";

In the Editor the highlighting of known commands makes it a bit more
subtle, such that you can only change fonts and sizes. (depending on the
operating system).

Best wishes

Jens Lauritsen

EpiData Association, Denmark