[EpiData-list] SPSS Export

EpiData development and support epidata-list at lists.umanitoba.ca
Thu Jul 2 23:37:14 CDT 2020

Dear Torsten, dear Jens,
Epidata-Manager does the SPSS-Export in a indirect way. A
SPSS-Syntax-File and a CSV-Data-File are created.
You have to run the Syntax in SPSS to create a SPSS-Datafile. This is
the current proceeding.

For this proceeding I have some questions:
- Is it very hard to create a SPSS-Datafile at once?

- Why is the SPSS-CSV-Data-Export-File different to a direct
CSV-Data-Export-File? The Structure is different.

In my opinion it will be easier and a clear way to have ONE (adjustible)
CSV-Data-Export-File. For that I recommend to replace the second Tab in
" Tools/Export.../Type: SPSS 'SPSS-Options' " with the 'CSV-Options'
(except for "Export Value Labels" because this is a great advantage of
EpiData! Perhaps this Item stands better one the first Tab.)

- Is it possible to change the default given SPSS-Syntax?

The "Data List"-Command still works, but it is a little bit out of date.
It does not work with the qualifier for Textvariables. So you have to
edit the csv-File or have to write a new Syntax. "GET DATA" is the
current Command.

With kind regards
Michael